Claymont Delaware has been a continuous settlement since approximately 1200 A.D. near Namaans Creek. It is not a municipality but is a CDP or census designated place. Part of the Brandywine Hundred, Claymont is only a short drive to Philadelphia. It takes its name from Claymont Court, a plantation in West Virginia. It was renamed in 1856.
Claymont is in zip code 19703. Claymont has an estimated population of 9,240 and the median age is 37 years old. 16% of people in Claymont have their Bachelor Degree.
The median household income is $52,091 and the per capita income is $24,403.
The elevation of Claymont is 36 feet above sea level. Annual rainfall is 45 inches and snowfall is 18.05 inches.
Most people commute to work in cars/motorcycles.
The main occupations are retail trade, health care and social assistance and manufacturing.
Other sources of employment are
- Administrative Support and Waste Management
- Finance and Insurance
- Accommodation and food
- Professional, Scientific and Technical
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Public Administration
- Wholesale Trade
- Real Estate, Rental and Leasing
- Arts Entertainment and Recreation
- Agriculture, Forrestry, Fishing and Hunting
The most common home for sale is 1400-1600 square feet. Age of Homes Sold
30% of the homes sold are less than 10 years old. 30% are 50-60 years old.
Number of Bedrooms
70% of the homes sold in Claymont are 3 bedroom. 10% are 4 bedroom and 20% are 2 bedroom homes.
- 10% of homes sold for over $260,000.
- 40% of home sold for $240,000-$260,000.
- 40% sold between $200,000-$220,000.
- 10% were under $140,000
Homes for Sale