The Taste of Newark 2012 is one of the biggest annual events in Newark and definitely is a favorite of anyone who loves great food. This year marks the ninth year of the event and it takes place from 12-3 on Sunday September 30. The event is held on the Old College lawn if it is sunny, but if it rains it will be held at Clayton Hall.
Each year features a large number of participating restaurants and this year is no different with over 50 restaurants! Some of the restaurants participating include:
- Ali Baba
- Banh Mi Boy
- Bing’s Bakery
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Caffe Gelato Resturant
- California Tortilla
- Catherine Rooney’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Cheeburger Cheeburger
- Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware
- Cucina di Napoli
- Deer Park Tavern
- Fenwick Wine Cellars
- Grotto Pizza
- Herman’s Quality Meat Shoppe,LLC
- Home Grown Café
- Iron Hill Brewery
- Joy Garden Chinese Resturant
- Klondike Kate’s Resturant & Saloon
- La Tonalteca of Newark
- Maltida’s Mad-Macs
- Mediterranean Grille
- Melt Down Grilled Cheese
- Mizu Sushi Bar
- Mojo Main
- Newark Deli & Bagels
- Newark Natural Food Co-op
- Over Easy Café
- Panera Bread
- Pat’s Pizzeria & MVP Sport Lounge
- Peace a Pizza
- Pinang Asian Cuisine
- Pita Pit
- Santa Fe Mexican Grille
- SAS Cupcakes
- Saxbys Coffee
- Seasons Pizza
- Taste Artisanal Market
- The Blue Crab
- The Greene Turtle
- The Saigon Restaurant
- Timothy’s of Newark
- Udairy Creamery
- Vita Nova/University of Delaware
- Wize Guyz Sports Lounge and Grill
- Yi Palace
In addition to all these great restaurants, there are over 30 wineries involved this year as well. Of course, one of the highlights every year is the Battle of the Chefs, an “Iron Chef” style battle which showcases the talents of several local chefs.
Participants in this years Battle of the Chefs are:
- Chef Eric Aber and Brian Mackey of Home Grown Café
- Chef Rich Colliss of Cucina Di Napoli
- Chef Ryan German of Caffe Gelato Restaurant
- Chef Andy Matulaitis and Jesse Jones of the Stone Balloon Winehouse
- Chef Jeff Matyger of Taverna (currently operating Capers & Lemons Italian Restaurant & Market in Wilmington)
- Chef Chantell Orellana and Jeff Brittingham of the Courtyard Newark at the University of Delaware
Judging this monumental battle will fall to the Executive Chef of Bricco Restaurant, Chef Jason Viscount. Chef Viscount attended the Restaurant School of Philadelphia and has won several prestigious culinary awards.
With over 1000 people anticipated to attend, you can purchase your tickets here, visit the City of Newark Planning and Development office or call (302) 366-7030.
Sean Casey is Realtor in Northern Delaware including Newark, Hockessin, Greenville and Bear. He can be reached at 302-733-7020.
Do You Have Questions About Your Delaware Neighborhood? Need More Specific Information On Your Delaware Home For Purchase Or To Sell?
Call Sean Casey For More Comprehensive Information At 302-733-7020.
If you or anyone you know is considering selling their existing home in Northern Delaware, or is purchasing their first home, dream home, step-up home, or retirement residence, I would appreciate the opportunity to serve them, and I can also recommend a relocation professional in the destination of your choice outside the Delaware area!