5 Things to Consider when selling your Newark Delaware Home FSBO
Selling your Newark Delaware Home FSBO will be hard work, here are five things you should consider when you put that for sale sign in your yard.
- Do some research on what homes have sold for in Newark Delaware. Don’t just go with the price that your neighbor said they got for their home. You can look at what other homes in the area are currently listed for, but your home could be worth more or less than them. They could also be over or under priced . The homes that have sold always carry more weight.
- Consider getting an appraisal to determine what your home is worth. This is an added expense, but will give you the piece of mind of knowing you are in the right ballpark.
- Evaluate your home and decide what things you need to do to improve it’s condition. You are going up against homes that will likely be better marketed than yours. You need to catch someones eye and pull them inside. As a Real Estate agent, I market the homes I list very aggressively. They are on many different websites, sent out to other agents in emails and most importantly are listed in the multilist service. That’s what you are up against.
- Be prepared to show your home at the drop of a hat. This is a priority. If you have someone who wants to see your home, you need to get them in to see it. This may mean a big inconvenience to you. You have to be home to show the potential buyers around, be available to answer any questions, and follow up with them after the showing to get feedback. The most disappointing thing may be hearing that someone is interested in your home, when they really aren’t all that interested at all. Let’s face it, most people won’t want to hurt your feelings by telling you that the home you live in isn’t for them. Push them to get the honest feedback you need so you can sell the home.
- Get those prospective buyers pre-approved. Don’t waste your time! There are people out there who will be looking at your home, who may not be able to buy it. Ask for a pre-approval letter to make sure you are working with qualified buyers. If you know a mortgage person, ask them if they will prequalify any of your potential buyers. This will help you sell your Newark Delaware Home FSBO.
Chances are, you want to try to sell your home yourself to save the money on a commission. I can’t say I blame you for giving it a shot. I work with For Sale by Owners in Newark Delaware all the time and have some tools that may help you. If you are interested, give me a call. You can reach me at my direct line (302)733-7020.