Five Reasons Your Newark Delaware Home Didn’t Sell
This can be one of the most frustrating things to go through. You loved your home. Now, you have begun to resent it. It was on the market for months with little or no activity. It doesn’t have to be this way! It isn’t the market that stops a home from selling, although it can be easy to use that as an excuse. Here are five reasons your Newark Delaware home didn’t sell, and we will go through each of them individually to help you figure it out.
- Price- This is the first culprit. Let’s face it if you drop any homes price low enough, you will have buyers coming from all directions to buy it. The trick is getting as much as you can in price and still attracting those homebuyers. Most homes don’t sell because you don’t set a low enough price to actually attract both the agent and their buyer to the property.
- Condition- The next possible explanation is condition. Obviously, if you drop the price enough this won’t matter. If you want to get the most money from the sale of your home, this is the area you want to work on. Does this mean you need to completely renovate your home? Absolutely not! What it does entail is doing those extra little things when your home is on the market. Walk the grounds outside and pay attention to the details. Are there things that you can do that will make the outside more appealing. Declutter your home and clean! This is huge. You are selling your home, it is much easier to get things packed away now and you have the added benefit of making your home more attractive to buyers. You can have the most beautiful kitchen and if it is dirty and cluttered, that is what will be remembered.
- Marketing- This one falls squarely on the agent, unless you are selling the home yourself. Find out before you list your home how your agent will be marketing your home. Do they have a internet marketing plan that has more than just putting your home on the multilist? If so, what companies will your home appear on? Remember, over 90% of buyers now use the internet to look for a home. What does your for sale sign look like? Does it make a statement and attract attention or does it look kind of pitiful? How about the brochure? Is it full of attractive photographs of your home and packed with useful information on the area, school system and home? These are all things you want to consider.
- Availability- Do you make your home available for showings? If buyers can’t get into your home to see it, they aren’t going to buy it. If you can’t have your home shown for some reason, do you try to set up an alternate time for those buyers? Many times if a buyer can’t make an appointment to see your home the first time, they will just move on to the next home on their list. Don’t let this happen to you!
- Your Motivation- Ok, so you went through all the steps of putting your home on the market. You have an offer, that means the first four steps you did well! How motivated are you to sell the home? If you don’t have the proper motivation, you will not be flexible enough to negotiate an offer. The offer will be too low or the terms won’t be good enough. You have to want to make the offer work. What will happen if you don’t sell your home? If nothing is going to happen, you aren’t really that motivated. If the sale of your home is stopping you from pursuing a dream, a career, or moving closer to family then you have the motivation.
If your Newark Delaware home didn’t sell the first time, give me a call at (302)733-7020 and we will go through the reasons together to get the answers you need.